This is a short (17’) video of my new presentation on the Quantified Self and sports.
Key points are:
- 1) Technology democratizes sports;
- 2) This is the first era when amateurs have innovations before the pros (from F1 model to lean model);
- 3) More input (sensors), faster processing (Moore’s Law), but not yet better output (feedback loops are rudimentary);
- 4) It’s time to take the platform as an asset to the world of advertising and sponsoring (the middle man is out anyway);
- 5) Bring not only sales and branding into sponsoring, but purpose;
- 6) Create platforms for quantified sponsoring: calories burnt in sport should be higher than calories ingested (on an individual level).